Do you like chocolate? Fudge? So do we! It’s one of those classic desserts that works for any occasion. the ultimate chocolate fudge cake Whether you’re hosting a Christmas Eve dinner or bringing some yumminess to your next birthday party, fudge is the perfect dessert. We’ll even go as far as to say it’s the ideal dessert. If you have an abundance of one ingredient, it’s fudge. That ingredient is sugar. There are very few other things that can be substituted when making fudge. And trust us, we have tried them all! Making fudge at home is simple and inexpensive if you already have all the ingredients. Or, let us help with this big DIY project and purchase everything you’ll need here at Peas + Carrots!
If you’re anything like me, chocolate cake is your go-to dessert. I love a slice of fudge cake as much as the next person, which is probably why I am obsessed with making my own. I’m also obsessed with chocolate, and there’s no better way to get your fix than by eating it! It doesn’t have to be real chocolate, either. You can use dark cocoa powder instead, which will give similar results. Trust me; you will not miss out on that smooth, rich taste in any other dessert! Chocolate fudge cake is one of those desserts you need to experience. It’s not just about the flavor or how it looks either. The experience of eating fudge cake is sublime and sensual all at once. The textures are so smooth, gooey, and creamy that it takes every last bit of self-control not to gobble right down the entire plate (or cake). And yes, it does feel like eating a piece of heaven!
Table of Content
- 2 What You Need to Make Fudge
- 3 How to make fudge
- 4 Easy fudge recipe with melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk
- 5 Dark chocolate fudge recipe with cocoa powder and coconut oil
- 6 Variations for a Fool-Proof Fudge Cake Recipe
- 8 How to make butter toffee fudge
- 9 3 Ways To Serve Fudge
- 10 Final Tips
What You Need to Make Fudge
Now that you know what you need to make it let’s talk ingredients for the ultimate chocolate fudge cake. You’ll need some sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. That’s it. You can add other ingredients to enhance the flavor, such as peanut butter, coffee, or chocolate chips. And can also adjust the amount of sweetened condensed milk to change the taste of your fudge. You can add almond extract to make a white chocolate fudge cake!
How to make fudge
Since we just talked about all the ingredients you need to make fudge, let’s get started! Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly. Once the butter is melted, increase the heat to medium and continue stirring until boiling. Remove the saucepan from the heat, cover with a lid, and let cool to room temperature. Once the fudge is cool enough to touch, place it in the fridge until it’s solid enough to cut. You can also freeze the fudge and let it sit in the freezer for six months.
Easy fudge recipe with melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk
This easy fudge recipe with melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk is the perfect dessert for any occasion. This easy fudge recipe is also an excellent gift for anyone who loves chocolate! – Ingredients: 2 cups sweetened condensed milk, 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2 tbsp. Butter Method: Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water. Once the chocolate is melted, whisk in the sweetened condensed milk. Pour the fudge into a baking dish and top with melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
Dark chocolate fudge recipe with cocoa powder and coconut oil
This dark chocolate fudge recipe with cocoa powder and coconut oil is a delicious dessert that’s healthy too! This fudge recipe is great for the holidays and will wow your guests. – Ingredients: 2 cups sweetened condensed milk, 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2 tbsp. Butter 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/3 cup coconut oil Method:
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over simmering water.
- Once the chocolate is melted, whisk in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Pour the fudge into a baking dish and top with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
Variations for a Fool-Proof Fudge Cake Recipe
You can make a few variations of the dark the ultimate chocolate fudge cake recipe to get variety into your life. Try making a chocolate cake with flavored ganache or other ingredients like candied ginger, almond extract, or coconut extract. You can also add nuts to the dark chocolate ganache cake recipe to make it more interesting. Another variation is to add some citrus fruit to the white chocolate raspberry cake recipe. You can add lemon or orange zest and juice to make a light and refreshing cake. If you want to make your chocolate cake vegan or gluten-free, you can try replacing the regular flour with almond flour or corn flour. You can also make the gluten-free dark chocolate cake by replacing the wheat flour with corn starch.
How to make butter toffee fudge
This butter toffee fudge recipe is the perfect dessert to serve on Christmas. This traditional British fudge recipe is a decadent, buttery treat with a crunchy, toffee-like coating. It’s also great for Halloween! – Ingredients: 2 cups sweetened condensed milk, 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2 tbsp. Butter 1/3 cup golden syrup 1 tbsp. Butter 1 tsp vanilla extract Method: Melt the chocolate and golden syrup in a bowl over simmering water. Once the chocolate is melted, whisk in the sweetened condensed milk. Whisk in the butter and vanilla. Pour the fudge into a baking dish and top with melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
3 Ways To Serve Fudge
– Cut into pieces and serve with vanilla ice cream. – Top with whipped cream or cherry. – Drizzle honey over the fudge and allow the honey to soak into the fudge. – Melt chocolate chips and drizzle the chocolate over the honey-soaked fudge. These are only some of the many ways you can serve fudge. Try using these ideas to come up with your variations. Remember, these are just suggestions.
READ MORE: Home
– Make sure to use good quality sweetened condensed milk. – The fudge will harden as it cools, so don’t leave it in the fridge for too long. – Add the chopped nuts or other ingredients in small batches, so they don’t lump together. – Try making fudge in special molds or a cake pop pan. – Store the fudge in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to six months. – You can add other ingredients such as peanut butter, chocolate chips, or nuts. – These are only some of the many ways you can serve fudge. Try using these ideas to come up with your variations. Remember, these are just suggestions. If you’re looking for more delicious dessert recipes, check out these recipes from Peas + Carrots!